The Best self tanning lotions to get a fake tan before you head to Vegas so unless you are one of the lucky few people that lives in the sun year-round you are probably going to find yourself tying to figure out the best way to get tan before you head to Vegas. Your options are either hitting the tanning salon or finding the perfect sunless tanner. There are so many self-tanners on the market and many of them are hit-or-miss. Either you get that Oompa Loompa orange look or you smell like the beach mixed with chemicals but you have no color. Having fair skin means the sun and I don’t exactly get along. Most trips to the beach require me to wear at least SPF 25 to not leave looking like a tomato and that much SPF doesn’t really work for obtaining a bronze glow.
L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion, is one of the first sunless tanners that gave me a perfect tan color to my fair skin. However, it was subtle enough to look like I’ve spent time in the sun, but it didn’t make me so dark that it looks like I’ve obviously been working on my tan.
How It Works
To achieve that “healthy glow” look, will need to use this product everyday for about a week or to the tan level that you are looking for. Then you will need to apply 1 to 2 times a week for maintenance.
How To Use
It order to obtain a streak free, sunless tan you will want to follow these seven steps.
- Exfoliate. Use a washcloth to exfoliate the skin prior to applying a self-tanner. Using an exfoliating product also will help remove dead skin cells. Spend a little more time exfoliating where your skin is thickest — elbows, knees and ankles.
- Dry your skin. Drying your skin before you apply a self-tanner helps it go on evenly.
- Apply in sections. Apply the self-tanner in sections (such as the arms, then legs, followed by the torso). Massage the self-tanner into your skin in a circular motion.
- Wash your hands after each section. You will avoid orange-colored palms by washing your hands with soap and water after you finish applying the self-tanner to each section of your body.
- Blend at your wrists and ankles. For a natural look, you need to lightly extend the tanner from your wrists to your hands and from your ankles to your feet.
- Dilute over your joints. Dilute the self-tanner on the knees, ankles and elbows, because these areas tend to absorb more self-tanner than the rest of the skin. To dilute, lightly rub with a damp towel or apply a thin layer of lotion on top of the self-tanner.
- Give your skin time to dry. Wait at least 10 minutes before getting dressed. For the next three hours, it is best to wear loose clothing and try to avoid sweating.
- Apply sunscreen every day. You still need to protect your skin with sunscreen. Be sure that your sunscreen offers all of the following:
The American Academy of Dermatology recommend SPF 30 or higher, Broad-spectrum protection (UVA/UVB protection) and water resistance.
Try this bronzer it works! You should notice a glow to your skin when you first apply it. The formula is quick-dry, and produces a tan that looks natural, you won’t see any orange or crazy dark. The lotion is scented but it doesn’t smell like you are wearing tanning oil.